Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bricklaying, Wiring, Ducts and the First stuff up

Roof is now completed and bricklaying started. From a distance now it looks like a house :). I am pleased about the progress so far. Everything seems to happening in some logical order. Also we've got preliminary electrical wiring, water/gas/ducted vacuum plumbing and ducts for heating and evaporative cooling. So lots happened.

However, sadly... they installed a wrong type of a facade window. Corner butt joint window is a single glazed now. Which is completely wrong!!. As I mentioned in my previous blog I upgraded all my windows to double glazed (except the bifold door. which was bloody expensive). For this window only the frame was delivered initially (because of the heaviness) and as soon as I saw the frame I knew it wasn't made for double glazing. Then I informed my admin and SS and SS told me that it was the correct one. Well.. I was correct. I hope Carlisle Homes will show their professionalism and correct this problem as soon as possible.

I went to site on Saturday and I saw a guy doing something close to my switch board. I was suppressed and I thought 'Oh they even work Saturdays'. Actually, it was bricklayers of my neighbouring house stealing electricity from my house. Not cool at all!

its getting the shape
is this off white mortar? hmm time will tell.
lots of ducts
i love these
problem window

7 comments:

  1. You're getting there!
    I hope you get that window fixed soon. Just to think, they made a mistake like that!
    Tut, tut! Stealing electricity! Now that's something you don't hear everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Yam. Well done spotting the wrong window and hope it gets sorted out quickly so your speedy build isn't held up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progressing very nicely Yam and good pick on the window issue. I am sure this will be fixed by Carlisle asap. The mortar in our case too was initially grey looking but then once it dries up it goes white :)

    what's the white pipe in picture 4 ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you May, Reinsey and A & A!

    A and A: Pipe is in picture 4 is for ducted vacuum :)

    Still window hasn't been replaced. Lets see. :| Even the plaster boards are delivered. I am worried now. How did you get to discuss your wrapping problem with the CM?

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking good Yam...don't worry everything will work out just the way you wanted at the end..I know how you feel by experience when you spotted something wrong in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Romani! Yeah I am trying to keep my cool :). Overall they are doing an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aha ducted vaccum...another nice investment :).
    The Window should be done pretty soon. What I have seen is that if Carlisle says that they will fix it then it will be done.

    My SS got the CM onsite and before we could start the discussion the CM suggested about the ceiling insulation. So we knew that if they are providing insulation it means they know that they stuffed up. But neither of us wanted to bring the bricks down for the wrapping. Personally I think it was a good resolution and fair.

    ReplyDelete