Friday, June 17, 2011

Bluestone plan registration and other chaos

Wyndham council issued the 'Certificate of Compliance' to Bluestone green stage 21 on 02/06/2011 and Sunland lodged the application to the Titles office on 03/06/2011. According to them they attached a covering letter with that just to fast-tracked the process.

Then it was surprising to see major pipe works throughout stage 21. They even ripped off many foot paths and driveways. I had to contact the council to find out what was actually happening. According to the council they started cabling for NBN (National Broadband Network) and said it was supposed to be finished by end of last week/this week. Now.. I knew based on my past experience it wasn't going to finish by this week. They are still in the process of redoing foot paths and driveways. I doubt even next week. Entire site is a mess right now. My question is on what basis council issued the Certificate of Compliance to the stage 21 when there is pending works? However, my contact in the council confirmed that the council is aware of what was happening over there.

Meanwhile stage 21 plan got registered and neither my conveyancer or myself were not notified. I only happened to know about this just because I sent and email to Sunland asking the status of the registration. Then I found out that their solicitors had faxed the notification to a wrong number. Good one.

Next step of this chaotic scenario is the settlement. There is a good chance that the settlement can happen without completing all the works. That means we have no entry to our own titled land. Isn't this sound weird?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds a bit sus to me!
    I think I've read somewhere that developers have to pay land tax at June 30 & December 31 so they push settlement through to meet those deadlines. But they can't settle if works arent finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it might be another week at least before they finished this work. I still don't understand how did they forgot about NBN work. I hope everything will be OK by the time the land is settled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing about this is that you will ahve fibre laid out before you start the build. I would hate to live in a house with no basic comms setup...which is something we will be facing soon.

    ReplyDelete